Y-Pals Mentoring Program
Become a Mentor: Change Two Lives
What is Mentoring:
Mentoring is the relationship between an adult and child that provides young people the guidance, support, and encouragement that will make a positive and lasting difference in their lives.
Why Was Y-Pals Created?
This FREE program was established to serve the needs of young people.
To offer over-stressed families a resource to help meet the needs of their children.
To provide youth with positive, growth-inducing relationships with adults.
To make a difference in a child’s life.
Become a Mentor Today!
To become a mentor, the requirements are:
1. You have to be 21+ years old.
2. Complete a volunteer application and speak with the Program Director for an initial screening.
3. Commit to spending 1-3 hours a week with your youth for one year.
4. Complete the training (provided).
5. Submit to securing background screening and reference check.
6. Have a valid auto liability insurance and driver’s license.
How are Children Referred to the Program?
Youth are referred by school counselors, teachers, parents/guardians, community and mental health services and from other YMCA enrichment programs.