The Y movement is for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We want to encourage members to utilize the Y as often as they can. Sometimes, it’s more convenient for members to utilize a Y in a different location when traveling, near a workplace or in another region. Now, full facility/full privilege YMCA members have the flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout Missouri at no extra charge.
How it Works:
Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating Missouri YMCA and enjoy free access. See important Program Details below.
- The Reciprocal Membership Program is valid for YMCA full facility/full privilege members only.
- Visitors to other Ys must present a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID upon the first visit and may be required to complete a visiting member waiver or standard membership application form with liability waiver.
- A member’s home branch is determined by residency, work location, and frequency of visits. YMCA full facility/full privilege members must use their home branch at least 50% of the time.
- Program discounts do apply.
- Participating YMCAs reserve the right to restrict facility or program access.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Determining Your Home YMCA:
- Residency – YMCAs have service territories. The Grand River Area Family YMCA serves Livingston, Daviess, Grundy, Chariton, and Caldwell Counties. If your home is address is in one of these counties, then we are your local/home YMCA and you should be a member of the Grand River Area Family YMCA.
- Work Location – If your employment is in a service area of another YMCA, you may join that YMCA if you prefer.
- Frequency of Visits – Ultimately, you should be paying your membership dues to the YMCA which you frequent most often. Since YMCAs do not share their revenues, members should use their home branch at least 50% of the time.
Benefits of YMCA Membership include…
– Use of our facility along with ALL Missouri YMCA’s
– No additional fees for most adult exercise classes
– Reduced fees on youth programs
– A social room with ping pong, air hockey and pool table
– Y membership cards give you access to most YMCA’s throughout the country.
|Type||New Member Rate||Renewal Rate||Monthly Bank Draft*|
|Single Parent Family||$295.00||$270.00||$27.00|
|Youth (18 & Under)||$175||$150||$18.00|
|**Daily Pass: Youth-$5 Adult-$6|
|**30-Day Pass Available for Out-of-County Residents|
|**Monthly Bank Draft Requires 1 Year Commitment|
It’s been over five years since the Carroll County Area YMCA started up in an office building across from Sonic.
The new store front facility, located at 101 N. Main Street, opened to the public Wednesday, January 22, 2014. Members have full access to the entire facility as well as the Grand River Area Family YMCA (Chillicothe, MO) and the North Central Missouri YMCA (Brookfield, MO).
At 7,500 square feet, the YMCA has a full fitness center; multipurpose room with aerobic classes, as well as family activities; social room with pool table, ping pong; child watch area available for members hours while using facility; and bathrooms with a shower for member use.
The Carroll County Area YMCA first opened up in an office building in November 2012. Programs and activities were run at local schools and businesses in the community.
Please come by and check out the facility and ask for a free day pass! The YMCA will also have someone available during business hours to give tours to those interested. For more information, call 542-0011.